Friday, May 2, 2008

All Aboard!






So the other night we decided to hop on the Front Runner for a free ride to Salt Lake. We thought Isabelle would have a great time and every time we asked her if she wanted to ride the choo choo train she would laugh hysterically and get so excited. What an adventure it was! We thought, hey, let's just go to the Gateway for dinner and shop around a bit, and then come back. So that's what we did, but it was definitely easier said than done. First of all, we chose the coldest day ever to do this- well at least that's how it felt to me since I wore my wedge sandals and light jacket. Second, the train was packed. We stood most of the way. Isabelle wanted to run all over, but she couldn't get far since it was so crowded. She even tried going under people's legs. She was also bored after a short time which made her hard to keep under control. Anyway, we did eventually get to the Gateway. We ate dinner and looked at one store before it was time to turn around again and head back to the station to stand in the freezing cold wind. The ride home was long. We found seats that time, but when we got to Woods Cross, they came on the loud speaker and said that we were going to have to head back to Salt Lake and they would send us on buses back to Farmington (because of the refinery explosion). Luckily, after a while longer, we just had to get onto another train and we got to come home! Isabelle was exhausted, but she did manage to do some dancing on the table on the way back! We did have a fun time, but as my grandpa always said, "Well, we got that over with!"
The first picture is on the way down- my hair hadn't been blown off my head yet and Isabelle was still wearing a bow. In the last picture, we had all had it. By this time I was wearing my dad's coat and we were ready to get home and get warm!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

How fun! I wish we could have taken a trip before it actually cost money... Hey did you hear they split our ward? I hope we are still together somehow! We'd be lost w/out you guys @ church!

Rachael said...

Cute pictures! You will have to tell me how you got the vertical pictures to go the right way!