Thursday, March 19, 2009

"I Not Princess, I You!"


My beautiful little girl thinks that her name is "You". It's hilarious! If anyone asks her what her name is, she tells them it's "You". I never realized just how often we refer to her as You, but when you start paying attention to it, it's a lot. We aren't just saying, "hey you!" but things like, "I love you," "can you bring that to Mommy?" "do you need to go potty?" So she has decided that this is her name. If I say to her, "Are you my princess?" she tells me, "I not princess, I You." We passed a guy in the mall and he said, "oh look, an angel." Isabelle turned to me with her eyebrows furrowed and said, "I not angel, I You!" Sometimes she gets pretty upset about it too. If we ask her if she's cute, or call her sweetie, or any other nickname, we usually get the same response. She does respond to Isabelle, and occasionally she'll say her name, but for the most part, she has decided that she would prefer to go by "You."

Some of her other common phrases lately- "Gosh", "shoot", and my favorite, "Calm down Daddy!"(even if we're just talking.)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha ha that's so funny! Isabelle, or should I say "You" is sooo cute!

Mitzi said...

That seriously is hilarious! Such a cute little thing isn't she!

Carrie said...

She's so funny!!! That's darling! I love all the little phrases she's saying, especially the "calm down daddy!" TOO FUNNY! One of my favs that Dylan is saying right now is, "Oh, Maaaan!" and he drags out the 'a' sound, it's so funny. I LOVE this age! Yes, terrible two's but the TERRIBLE cutes too! :)

Christina said...

That's so cute! You really ought to record her voice and the cute things she says. I have one of James somewhere when he was really small. I wonder if it still plays?

Rachael said...

It is pretty funny when she gets upset because we call her Isabelle. Amazing how literal they take everything we say.