Monday, September 21, 2009

Utah State Fair

Last week we went to the State Fair with my brother and his family. It's become a tradition for us over the past few years. James, Isabelle and I actually went twice last week. My whole family had planned to go together on the only day it rained. James and I headed out before the rest of the crew, and wound up spending $18 for 30 minutes at the fair. It was a miserable downpour! We did get Isabelle's caricature done, and got some yummy kettle corn, so it wasn't a total loss! We told the rest of the group not to bother coming. However, our second experience was much, much better! We have a great time every year, and of course, Isabelle enjoys it more every year. Isabelle said her favorite part of the fair was shopping at the farm. They do all of their farm chores and earn a dollar to buy a treat at the market. She loved it!

Isabelle on her pony that she named "Black"

She just loved the pony ride!

Little posers!

Daddy and Isabelle had a great time on the big yellow slide!

Mommy and Belly had fun too!

Cute cousins... they each say the other is her best friend!

I've taken Isabelle's picture here every year. It made me sad to look back and see how much she's grown and how quickly time has flown by.

Here she is last year. Not only has she grown much taller, she's gotten a lot more hair over the past year!

Here she is when she was just a chubby little 9 month old. So sweet!

Here are our future farmers of America!

Isabelle collecting eggs to take to the farmer's market.

Picking apples.

And here she is brushing the sheep.


We had such a great time and look forward to many more trips to the fair!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Isabelle is just to cute! I can't wait to see your baby! I wonder if it will be a boy or girl!? Looks like the State Fair was lots of fun. Love all the cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

oh how fun! Isabelle is such a doll! hey Do you still make tutu's and head bands? and if so do you sell them and what's the prize I need a couple for my photography that I'm starting.let me know at maczil@maczil.com
thanks!

Rachael said...

Thanks for going with us to the State Fair. It was a fun night and definately a tradition I want to keep doing. I'm still sad it was raining when we wanted to go and that you had to pay money for staying 30 minutes!