Friday, January 27, 2012

December

It came, it went. Flew by like it always does! It's probably my favorite month of the year. There are so many fun festivities, including both my girls' birthdays. There's always something to do. It just seems magical! The kids are excited, I get to shop a lot, the house is sparkly.. it's just fun and exciting!

I was so happy that everyone ended up healthy for Christmas- Isabelle and I got the flu the week before, and Ruby had an ear infection the week after, but we made it through perfectly for Christmas Day! So nice since it seems that kids always get sick for Christmas.

We had a fabulous month going to see lights and visiting Santa.  I hope the kids were able to realize the importance of the season and how wonderful it is to celebrate the birth of our Savior. They spent lots of time rearranging all of our nativities, and I loved finding all of the people in a circle around baby Jesus, just the way it should be. I love that even at barely two years old, Ruby would arrange them that way!

Santa brought the kids lots of good stuff! They must've been very good to get the stuff they asked for. We had so much fun watching them on Christmas morning! It's so nice to use the"Santa's watching" card for good behavior through the month. My girls loved Santa! We probably visited him at least eight times.

I always wish December would last longer. That's why I like to start it a little early. I had the house decorated before Thanksgiving this year, which made it less hectic to get done and gave us more time to enjoy the season. It's such a special month that I think we should celebrate it for as long as we can!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the month. It's hard to choose!

Pretty girls!

This is the real Santa who comes to our party each year!
Isabelle's request was Barbie's Campout.

Ruby asked for a baby doll.



Cuddling up to my Grandma Wilson who she calls Grandma Wilson Chair. This is because Isabelle thinks wheelchairs are called Wilson chairs because Grandma has one. We don't correct them because it's too funny!

I just love a sweet sleeping picture. It's exhausting being two.

Isabelle with her gingerbread house she made at preschool.

Isabelle's Christmas program for preschool.

Isabelle's two cousins are in her class. Ike's not much into performing, but the girls love it! The only reason he's even on-stage is because he was paid to be!

Cute little elf.

My mom calls these girls Thing One and Thing Two because they like to rearrange her house when they get together.

Can't believe they got so big!

We painted Daddy a Christmas present. Ruby's had about twenty layers.

Joseph Smith Building at Temple Square. The lights were beautiful, of course! I got hit with the flu on the way home though.

Cute pose!

A little performance of "Tapping, Tapping Little Elf." The grandkids did a talent show one night, but Isabelle had to go home sick, so she performed it for us a different night. Ruby is her little shadow.

The girls made beautiful pictures for Santa.

Christmas Eve. All ready for Santa to come!

Santa brought new baby dolls. So sweet!

Isabelle must've been good because she got the Barbie's Campout she wanted! It is quite the toy!

Ruby got a dollhouse of her own. She must've destroyed Sissy's one too many times. Of course Isabelle immediately offered to trade hers for the new one.

Our family on Christmas.

Love this girly!

Ruby in front of her Christmas tree.

And Isabelle with her tree.

James and his mini-me.

Daddy's girls.

I'm so lucky!

Isabelle took this picture. Not too shabby!

First time playing in the snow this season, and first time ever for Ruby. We just had to layer her up because she has no snow clothes. 









0 comments: