Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catch Up

First, an update on my big brother.. Nick is doing really well since his liver transplant. He's had some ups and downs with the typical issues liver patients have after surgery- problems with their kidneys and pancreas. He was on dialysis for a while, and his doctor says his kidneys are doing very well. He was moved into the intermediate ICU for a while and is now totally out of the ICU now. I'm taking Isabelle to see him today and she's so excited. She says "I want to hug Nick." She's been to the hospital with us numerous times, but this will be her first time seeing him there. Luckily, his girls got to see him last week, finally, and he was thrilled and so were they. Nick is slowly gaining some strength back, but it will take a while. He does lots of physical therapy and has now been given the go-ahead to eat whatever he wants to. Hopefully now he'll just find something that tastes good to him. Nick has been so blessed. He is such a strong person. I know he thinks that he isn't getting back to normal quickly enough, but I think he's doing incredibly well. After all, two weeks ago he was in a coma, and now he's talking normally and doing some walking. I think it's awesome!

Before Nick went to the hospital, I actually made two slideshows of our trip to Hawaii. I know it was quite a while ago now, but I figured I might as well post them since I went to all the trouble of making them.

And, also, an update on my Isabelle. She is so funny lately. She was a bit of a troublemaker last week, but is doing much better this week. She has said such funny things though. If we put her in her crib for time out, she puts her leg over the edge and yells, "I'm gonna jump!" How does a two year old know how to threaten her parents?! A couple of weeks ago we were watching "Dancing With the Stars" and she wanted to dance with James. So they were dancing, then she stopped and looked at him and said, "take your shirt off Daddy!" She noticed how the men on the show were dressed and thought Daddy should be like them. It's funny how observant they are. Isabelle has also become a bit weird about the word "nipples". I guess I shouldn't have taught her the word, but she was in the tub with her cousin Brielle, and they wondered what they were, so I told them. Now she sings about them with her baby, and the other night she saw a little boy with his shirt off and said, "look Mommy, the little baby has nipples, oh!" Also, when we were driving the other day she said to James, "Daddy, you have nipples." What do you do? Guess she'd have learned sooner or later.

She is such a busy little bee lately. She loves unloading all of her toys the minute I clean up the playroom. She likes painting. She loves playing outside and going on bike rides with Daddy. She loves popsicles. She is a stinkin' cute two year old with an attitude who makes me laugh all day! I love her to pieces!

Temple Square
What do you do when your child goes running through the tulips?

Six of seven grandkids

Isabelle and Brielle

My cutie pie


Outside Fun
Isabelle in front of our tulips

Helping Daddy mow the lawn

Helping with the cleaning

Having fun on the swings

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, Isabelle is soooo cute! That is hilarious about the nipples thing. I'm glad your brother is doing well :). It looks like you guys had a great time in Hawaii! You got sooo many cute pictures, I love them all!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going better for your brother. Isabelle is always so darling and the nipple thing is pretty funny. We have not seen you forever! Hopefully all of us can get together soon and do something this summer.

Rachael said...

The temple square pictures turned out so cute! If you print them off can I have a few? Oh, and I loved your Hawaii slideshow!