Sunday, May 10, 2009

Update

I just wanted to post a quick update about Nick. He's doing very well! We went to see him tonight and I was shocked at how good he looked. He was alert and talkative! He even talked basketball with James! He is still in the ICU, but will probably be moving to a different floor in the next couple of days.

Tonight was the first time I left Nick's room not feeling sick. I have been so, so worried about him, of course, that I just haven't felt well at all for the past two weeks. But tonight, I was thrilled because it was like we actually had our Nick back! What a miracle he is!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, and to all of those who have donated either blood or money for Nick. It has been greatly appreciated by the entire family. I know that he is doing so well because of all of the prayers in his behalf. I know he has a long road to recovery, but I am amazed at how quickly he is coming along. I truly feel the happiest tonight that I've felt in quite a while!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the update, I have been wondering how he is doing. Even though I don't know Nick, I was very saddened to hear about this. I am so happy to hear that he is doing well, and that you are feeling better too!! What a tough time this must be for all your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Michelle said...

Yay! That's so good to hear! I hope he just keeps recovering and getting better :).

wallis said...

This is what we've wanted. I'm sure that was a happy ending to a Mother's Day! Hang in there. Try to sleep and try to eat--a little;) Love yas!

Christina said...

Yay for Nick! Prayer is an amazing and miraculous gift and aren't we grateful for our belief in a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us?

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going better for your brother. Take care and let us know if you need anything.

Steph said...

I'm so sorry that this has all happened, that's so hard!! I hope he keeps getting better, you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers!