Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another Birthday!



Today I turned 26! Yay! That sounds so much older than 25. I had a great birthday. We started it off last night with dinner with my parents at my favorite restaurant, PF Chang's. It was delicious! Tonight we had a party with family. Isabelle made me a pink Cinderella cake, all her idea. She helped Daddy with baking the cake and was very worried when it didn't come out pink. Luckily we fixed it with pink frosting and sprinkles, and she topped it off with some of her princesses. She totally thought she made the whole thing "her own self". I loved it! I got some great gifts and it was a really fun birthday! Funny story... Isabelle and James went shopping for me last week, and later that day, she and I were in the car and she said, "I got you presents Mommy." Then she proceeded to tell me, "I got you a pink shirt, and earrings, and a necklace, then we went to Target and got you one thing." I thought it was hilarious. Can't keep a secret with a two year old around! I'm always happy to celebrate my birthday. I'm just grateful each year to be healthy and so blessed.

Today I had my thirty week doctor's appointment. I just love to see our little one! I will now start going to appointments every two weeks! I can't believe how fast time has flown by and how soon baby "Pink" will be here. The doctor almost gave away the sex of the baby today, like thirty seconds after I reminded him that I didn't want to know! Good thing I can rarely see anything on the ultrasounds unless it's pointed out to me. I think I may have an idea what I saw, but I don't know. The baby is looking very healthy. It is a very busy little person. There is rarely a time I'm not feeling it move, which I love. I suddenly feel ginormous today! I accidently laid right on my stomach tonight, and it hurt so bad. I seem to be taking up a lot more space than usual today too!

This weekend James and I are heading to New York! He and four other Aflac agents/managers from Utah won the trip (it's based on sales performance, so I'm very proud of him!) I am excited, but I'm a nervous wreck! I have been bawling every night about leaving Isabelle. I know she'll be in good hands, but I've only spent one night apart from her in her life, and she was with James the night of my brother's liver transplant. I seriously hope I can make it. I've tried to talk to her about it, and she just wants to come with us. I know she'll have fun, and I'll be the one who has a harder time, but she is a mama's girl, and she love, loves her Daddy. I am literally sick to my stomach just thinking about being away from her. I hope I don't get to New York and have to turn around and come home. I am, however, excited to go to the Big Apple. When James and I got married, we had a list of vacations we wanted to take, and this is one of them. We've been lucky enough to make it to all of our other destinations, and this will top it off!

The two people who made my day super special!

This is my princess cake. Isabelle did such a great job!

My cutie...she melts my heart!

Here's my huge tummy. I took a side view picture nearly every week of my pregnancy with Isabelle..this is only my second for this pregnancy.

James and Isabelle made me this special card. I love it! So crafty!

My birthday dinner at PF Chang's. It doesn't get better than this!

4 comments:

Lisette said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet husband...and Isabelle is so cute! Can't believe how much she's grown. And, I didn't James worked for Aflac...BTW...you're not alone in dying about leaving Isabelle. When we went on our cruise I about died, but it was a great trip and we survived. Good luck with your pregnancy...I know it probably hasn't flown by for you, but I seriously can't believe you're 30 weeks! CRAZY!

Michelle said...

Soooo cute! Love all the picture! And you're not huge at all! You look super cute with your little prego belly. I can't believe you're already 30 weeks, baby "pink" will be here before you know it!!... Happy happy birthday! Sounds like you had a fun one :)! Hope you and James have tons of fun in New York!

Hooker Family said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Your belly is so cute! Have fun on your trip, I'll have to find out how it went when you get back!

The Parks' said...

Happy belated birthday Maggie! You look gorgeous pregnant and your family is adorable. I love looking at your blog.